Street Dance featuring Lynn Goldsmith & The Jeter Mountain Band with Southern Connection Clogging Demonstration
August 15 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
The Street Dances have been a tradition for over 100 years in Downtown Hendersonville! They began in 1918, at the end of World War I, when the city welcomed home its soldiers from the War by celebrating in the streets. The Street Dances feature bluegrass music, square dancing and demonstrations of clogging, a traditional southern Appalachian style of dance.
Enjoy the fresh air, bring a chair and delight in the one-of-a-kind experience you’ll get from this fun event!
This week, enjoy the music of Lynn Goldsmith & The Jeter Mountain Band, who plays a variety of genres and specializes in a blues/country/rock/bluegrass mix. This week’s clogging performance will be the Southern Connection Cloggers.
In case of inclement weather, the concert will be postponed until 8pm. If the weather does not improve by 8 pm the performance will be canceled.
This Concert Series is sponsored by Blue Ridge Hospitality Group, Burger King, Firehouse Subs, Hendo Kickboxing, Kathy Watkins of Preferred Realty, Mast General Store and the Henderson County Tourism Development Authority.
2022 Concert Schedule:
- June 13 | Blue Ridge Tradition (with TBD Clogging Team)
- June 27 | Whitewater Bluegrass Co. (with Mountain Thunder Cloggers)
- July 18 | Hightop Mountain Harmony (with Southern Connection Cloggers)
- August 1 | Asheville Junction (with TBD Clogging Team)
- August 15 | Lynn Goldsmith & The Jeter Mountain Band (with Southern Connection Cloggers)