A Little Background Info
Please note, the Henderson County Tourism Development Authority (HCTDA) 2022/2023 Grant Cycle is no longer accepting applications. We look forward to learning about your project in the 2023/2024 Grant Application Period.
The objective of the Event Grants program is to support the execution of tourism-related events in Henderson County in order to generate overnight visitation to the county. Watch a recording of the Event Grant Info Meeting here.
As with each of the Tourism Grants offered by the Henderson County Tourism Development Authority (HCTDA), the main things you need to know before applying for an Event Grant are as follows:
– The HCTDA is empowered to make grants to its tourism partners under specific NC state legislation: Session Law 2013-61, House Bill 545, Section 1, (e) Use of Tax Revenue: “The county shall, on a quarterly basis, remit the net proceeds of the room occupancy and tourism development tax levied under this act to the Henderson County Tourism Development Authority. The Authority shall use at least two thirds of the net proceeds of the room occupancy tax levied under this act to promote travel and tourism in Henderson County and shall use the remainder for tourism related expenditures.”
– Grants will be accepted online only, using the online application linked below, from 12/5/22-1/22/23. There will be no exceptions.
– Grants are decided by the HCTDA Board.
– While we would love to award all grants that we receive applications for, we must weigh each application against each of the ones received. In general, priority will be given to projects that result in a higher impact to visitors and in a higher number of overnight guests.
– Your organization may apply for more than one grant, including more than one grant in the same grant category (with the exception of multiple Destination Enhancement Grants).
– Grants will not be awarded to any business who’s primary income comes from accommodations.
– The Grants program, like the HCTDA’s entire budget, comes from Occupancy Tax collection. In other words, from overnight visitors to Henderson County.
Grant applications will close in: